Preventing Allergic Reactfons to Cosmetics, It is very important for women’s health and it is a matter to be considered. People use cosmetics to look and smell good. These products can range from eye shadow to deodorants. They can have many different ingredients.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) does not test cosmetics before they are put in stores. The law says they must be safe if used in the usual way, or the way the label says to use them.
Preventing Allergic Reactfons to Cosmetics: How do Allergies Start?
Some people may react to something in a product, For example, they may have itching, redness, rash, sneezing, or wheezing. Allergies may happen the first time you use a product or after you have used it more than once.
Are “Testers” At Makeup Counters Safe?
Lots of people use the testers at makeup counters. Testers can have lots of germs because so many people use them. Do you want to test a product at the counter anyway? If so, use a new sponge or cotton swab.
Are Labels İmportant?
Preventing Allergic Reactfons to Cosmetics Yes! Always read them carefully. The law says a label must tel i you the following things:
- What the product is
- If there are things to know about how to use the product safely
- How much of the product the pack age contains
- What company makes the product or distributes it
Also, if it is sold at retail to consumers, there must be a list telling what’s in the product. Usually this is on the label. in any case, it should be in a place where you can see it when you buy it.
How do I Know if İt’s a Cosmetic Or a Drug?
Preventing Allergic Reactfons to Cosmetics If a product is meant to keep you from getting sick, make you well, or change the way your body works, it is a drug. For example, products to treat dandruff and pimples are drugs. The law treats them differently from cosmetics.
For example, they have different rules for how ingredients are listed.Some products are both cosmetics and drugs. For example, a shampoo that is just for washing your hair is a cosmetic.
A product for stopping dandruff is a drug. A shampoo that is used for washing your hair and stopping dandruff is both a cosmetic and a drug. it must follow the rules for both cosmetics and drugs.
I Have Seen The Term AHA. What does it Mean?
AHA is the short term for alpha hydroxy acid. Cosmetic makers daim that AHA’s! essen wrinkles. They say that theys often other signs of aging, too.
Many people have had skin problems after using AHA’s. They have sent complaints to the FDA about the following:
- Change sin skin color
Protect your skin from the sun while you are using the product and for a week after you stop using it. Buy only products that contain 10 percent AHA’s or less.
Preventing Allergic Reactfons to Cosmetics buy only products with pH of 3.5 or more. Do a test first on a small patch of skin. Stop using the product if you have itching, burning, swelling, or other problems. See your skin doctor (called a dermatologist) if you have problems. (headache diagram)
What should I Do İf l Have A Had Reaction To a Cosmetic?
First, cali your doctor to find out how to take care of the problem. You also can report a problem to FDA.
Preventing Allergic Reactfons to Cosmetics Safety Tips for Beauty
- Follow directions on the label carefully, including ali “Cautions” and “Warnings”
- Keepmakeup closed tight when not in use.
- Wash your hands before you put on makeup.
- Do not put on makeup while you are driving.
- Do not share makeup with anyoneelse.
- And Do not add liquid to
- Stop using a product if you get a rash or other problem whereyou are usingit.
- Throw away makeup ifthecolor changes.
- Throw away makeup if it gets an odor.
- Be extra careful not to keep mascara too long. Some companies say three months is long enough.
- Do not useeye makeup if you havean eye infection. Throwawayeye makeup you were using when you got the infection.
- Keep makeup out of the sun.
- Do not uses pray cans while you are smoking or near a source of heat. It could also cause a fire.